Why Do I Need A Reverse Osmosis System ?
What is Reverse Osmosis?
Reverse osmosis sometimes referred to as hyper-filtration, is the process of removing water impurities by forcing the water through a semi-permeable membrane. Naturally, liquids will flow from the direction of the diluted solution to the concentrated (osmosis). A reverse osmosis water system will allow for the removal of impurities such as salts and other molecules.
How Does a Reverse Osmosis System Work?
There’s no denying it, water treated through a reverse-osmosis system tastes great! But how does this magic happen? While the process seems complicated, it’s actually quite simple.
Whether your water comes from the city or a well, contaminants from the ground and through general processing can end up in your water supply. Reverse Osmosis filters employ a high-to-low pressure system. Contaminated water enters a high-pressure chamber then is forced toward the low-presser chamber on the opposite side of the filter. The filter is equipped with holes too small for contaminates to fit through allowing only clean water molecules through to the other side.
What does Reverse Osmosis Remove?
- √ Fluoride
- √ Lead
- √ Chlorine & Chlormamine
- √ Pesticides
- √ Detergents & many more
- √ Nitrates & Sulfates
- √ TDS (total dissolved solids)
- √ Mercury
- √ Hexavalent Chromium (chromium 6)
The Benefits of Reverse Osmosis Water Systems
- RO water filtration systems remove up to 99% of all containments from your home’s water supply, which ultimately improves the taste, appearance, and odor.
- With a whole house reverse osmosis system, you’ll save money on bottled water.
- Our RO systems are easy to service and clean.
- RO filters eliminate impurities and toxins in your water that may can health issues or damage plumbing and appliances in your home.
Does Your Home or Business Need a Reverse Osmosis Water System?
To determine if a reverse osmosis water system is right for your home, schedule a free water testing to make sure your purchase will give you the result you expect without overspending. At Simply PÜR, we are proud to offer free in home or business water testing for hardness, iron, odors, pH, and TDS (total dissolved solids) as well as any specific drinking water concerns.